Diogo Dalot celebrates scoring against Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest 0-2 Manchester United: The Red Devils fly past Forest

Manchester United, depleted by injuries, secured a crucial 2-0 win against struggling Nottingham Forest thanks to goals from Antony and Diogo Dalot.

The Red Devils were aiming to book their chances of a top-four finish in the Premier League, ahead of crucial fixtures in the Europa League and FA Cup.

Despite missing several key players, United dominated the match and looked more comfortable than the 2-0 scoreline would suggest.

Forest manager Steve Cooper will face increased scrutinu after his team’s winles run stretched to 10 matches following their defeat to United. The pressure will be mounting on Cooper, whose side struggled to match the Red Devils’ performance on the day.


Meanwhile, the win for United was significant, as it meant they surpassed their point total from last season’s Premier League with eight matches still to play.

After a tumultuous 2-2 draw against Sevilla that left them without key defenders, Manchester United bounced back with a solid performance against relagation-bound Forest. Erik ten Hag had to make several changes to his defense due to injuries and soreness, but United managed to keep Forest at bay and took the lead in the 32nd minute through Antony’s first Premier League goal since October.

Keylor Navas made several excellent saves for Forest but could not prevent Diogo Dalot from scoring the second goal that sealed the victory for United.

The visitors had started brightly and came close to scoring within the first minute, with Felipe producing a vital block to deny Jadon Sancho.

There were some moments of pressure from Forest, Wan-Bissaka blocked a close-range shot by Taiwo Awoniyi, who had a tangle with Maguire three minutes into the game which resulted in the United skipper getting booked.

Forest defender Feliper also had a close call when he headed a testing Fernandes cross just over his own goal. However, overall, United dominated the proceedings and were in control for most of the match.

United continued to dominate in the second half, with Martial and Fernandes both having chances to extend their lead. Forest struggled to create clear-cut chances and their frustration was evident as they committed a series of fouls.

Dalot made it 2-0 in the 65th minute, latching onto a pass from Antony and firing home from close range.

The home side tried to mount a comeback, but United held on for a comfortable victory. The win moved them up to third in the Premier Leaegue.

For Forest, the defeat was another blow in their battle against relegation. They remain in 19th place, four points from safety with just six games remaining.